Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 in Review!

Oh 2013, you were nice but I'm excited for 2014!
I wasn't nearly as excited for Christmas as I am for the new year!
But there is just something about new year's day that gets me excited.
2013 went by fairly fast.
At least it seems that way because 2014 is quickly approaching. 
I decided what better way to go out of 2013 than by remembering specfic events that helped mold me this year. I saw this idea on Heather Meaghan's blog and decided to give it a try. 
This post will be very personal.
Frankly, I'm afraid to give so much detail out about my life.
But this is my online diary.
My blog. My safe place.
So here goessss!

January
During this month I didn't have much excitement. I don't really remember during it. I remember cutting certain guys off in my life. I felt I needed it.
February
I began blogging again after a 3 year hiatus. This was my first official post on this blog. Cant believe my baby blog will almost be a year. Thank you all! Hm, I had my first Valentine this month but he fell through on me smh. Some best friend. So I doubt that counts. As early February, I mourned the death of my cousin. I'm still waiting to be healed of that pain.
March
I officially let go of an asshole who didn't need to be in my life during this month. Additionally, I decorated the apartment for my mom's birthday and bought her a cake that I ate most of lol. My mom and my cousin have the same birthday so I was invited to go out to eat with my cousin where I decided to wear heels (eh). I also celebrated part of my birthday the end of this month. My friend Tia bought me a cake and me, her and my friend Shayla went to my favorite restaurant to celebrate. The next day I celebrated Easter with my family. I become close to my Composition professor and sadly she resigned from teaching early to go take care of her mom. We still stay in touch though. Also, this month I dropped my math class because I couldn't handle my teacher not speaking very good English :x
Mom's Birthday
Easter. Also my birthday eve.
My mom's birthday.
My cousin's bday/ Easter/my birthday eve
After Buffalo Wild Wings with Shayla and Tia
The cake Tia bought me for my birthday.
April
April is my birthday month. I was born on the first so of course I celebrated that day! My celeb crush Legacy followed me on Twitter on April 4th (yes I fangirled). I learned how to cook Spaghetti on the 10th! Hmm, I was nervous about passing my classes this semester. I felt like procrastination was getting the best of me. On the bright side, I was given an interview at the zoo (where I had applied last year but was denied). Also, I tried hookah for the first time with my friends. Oh and hair wise I did flexirods for the first time in my hair. April was a pretty good month for me.
My personal birthday cake in my favorite colors.
My 19th birthday.
Yum yum

May
The day of my last exam (5/3), I got a call that I got hired at the BEST JOB EVER! Orientation was the 10th! Along with that I passed ALL my classes. I began working at the zoo on the 14th and fell in love. I love my zoo. I saw my best friend Vince off to prom and my little cousin Flip off to Afro Ball. I was so excited for them. My kiddies, Kaleb and Layah, came by for Mother's Day. I also began to take real notice of my hair growth and hair journey. Additionally, my mom found a weird dollar bill with a weird saying. Speaking of money, I found $45 in some sweats at Savers (which are currently my lucky sweats). My friends Keta and Nee were also employed by the zoo with me! I must say this was also a pretty good month for me.
First day at the zoo!
My love Kaleb
Flip's Afro Ball
The weird dollar
My zoo pals
the money i found
Hair Progress 
Vince before he left.
June
June was a rocky month for me. I was getting into the groove of steadily working, being mad at Vince and trying to enjoy life. I was really stressed from work. Mad at Vince because of something he did (that killed all my emotions for him). I was also stressed because I attended six graduations this month. After being stressed out, I decided to go out to a club for the first time as an adult... Except I got into a 21 and over party. Shhh lol. I needed a drink. Overall, nothing else mattered after I won Ash Kardash's contest. I was ecstatic.
Night out
Graduation 1 - Trevon
Graduation 2 - Flip
Graduation 3 - Vince
Grad 4 - Shayla and a few others
Grad 5 - A'Lisa
Grad 6- Keta, Nay, Me, Donna
July
I worked non-stop this month. I was on a grind that no one understood. I was so busy I couldnt even go see Despicable Me 2 :( However, things began to slow down towards the end of the month when P came back into my life. He seemed to have changed but hey, what do I know? I enjoyed my time with him. I did attempt my first braid out on my hair and I liked it. Being around P made me realized that I really missed him. Maybe just our friendship though.
Braid out.
August
Things slowed down at work and I began spending more time with P while preparing for Fall semester of school. I hate scary movies but somehow this fool got me to go to a couple of them. My favorite movie that we saw together was 2 Guns. We went opening night. One of these days, a Monday I know, P asked me to be his girlfriend and I denied because I wasn't ready. Sad story. The highlight of my August was meeting RaVaughn. What better way to end the summer?
2 Guns showing
2 Guns showing
RaVaughn performing
September
P asked me to be his girlfriend on the 8th. I was the happiest girl alive. During this month, I was stressed from school but P kept me sane. We celebrated my grandmother's birthday the 25th. Nothing major happened that I can really remember.
My cousins with my grandma
The cute messages I used to get
October
My world shattered here in October. Let's just say P and I broke up after our one month anniversary, I began attending counseling, school was stressing me out, work was stressing me and I was ready to quit everything. I was dying of a broken heart during this month. The pain felt unbearable but I survived thanks to my friends. The highlight of this month had to be learning how to drive. It was enough to get me my license but it was enough to get me started. I'm getting my license in 2014. PROMISE.
November
I spent sooo much money during this month. I shopped on Black Friday for the first time and I was grateful to be around family during the holidays but nothing major happened. I started working the lights event for a short time but I enjoyed it (and the income). P came back around but not like that. I started rebuilding my feelings, remembering my goals and moving on. During this month I landed a second job on the spot and my dad got a phone interview with Chrysler (please pray that he gets this job). November was good to me.  
December
BEYONCE DROPPED A SECRET ALBUM ON THE 13TH. Yup, I freaked out. My emotions were a roller-coaster this month... I passed ALL my classes; 2 A's, 1 B and 1 C. I currently have a total of 9,004 views overall for my blog and I thank you all for that!! Hmm, I also got to hang with my family on Christmas. I met a guy who had my interest but I think he's lost it. Only time will tell. Now I'm just praying that 2014 is better to me than any of the other years. There's so many things I want to accomplish and I'm praying that they will happen. I'm excited.
A still from one of Beyonce's videos from her visual album
Thank you for sticking around this long if you have. Sorry this post is soo long but I wanted to give you an insight to my life. This is me. & I hope you enjoyed it. Its almost 2014 so I'll end this with:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!