Tuesday, March 18, 2014

How to Use Bath and Body Works Shower Gel (For People with Sensitive Skin)

While I love Bath and Body Works' Shower Gels, if used, I tend to break out. & if you're like me, in some areas you break out easily. When I say, "break out," I mean breaking out in rashes, little bumps or possibly worse. In this blog post, I will tell you how to use your favorite Bath and Body Works scent as a shower gel and not irritate your skin.

First of all, a shower gel is a scented soap in liquid form. It is used in the same way as a bar of soap in the shower or bathtub. Secondly, my method of using a shower gel is fairly easy. All you will need is a small towel, a bar of soap and your favorite scent of Bath and Body Works Shower Gel. First, when stepping into the tub after turning on the shower nozzle, rinse yourself under the shower head. This will help to better create suds when using the shower gel. Next, take your bar of soap and rub it against your towel then your towel against your body. It is your choice whether to wash your entire body with the bar of soap or use the bar of soap just on the sensitive parts of your body (IE. your private area or armpits). After using the soap, rinse off your towel until all evidence of the bar of soap is gone. Then apply a small amount of Bath and Body Works Shower Gel onto your towel and wash your entire body with the gel. Feel free to apply more shower gel to your towel if you do not create a lot of suds.

Finally, aftr you're done washing, rinse off then proceed to dry yourself off. By now you will smell just like your favorite Bath and Body Works scent and your skin will feel soft and silky. To seal in the smell, it is recommended you use the lotion of the same scent or one of your choice. Due to it being a shower gel, you may or may not get ashy after awhile. Personally, I do get ashy after using the shower gel so I lotion my body with the corresponding scent. Lastly, this method helps to leave my skin untroubled. On another note, I have never tried using the shower gel to wash my face, seeing as though my face easily breaks out. So I can not give insight on that.

Good luck!

**Disclaimer: The opinions in this post are that of my own. These are also my own personal experiences and I do not guarantee any results from my method.**

2 comments:

  1. I love your skin care tips. Yes, a nice shower gel really can make a difference to our daily routine. My skin is soft, touchable and glowing with Sakare’s body shower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you =) I havent tried those. I'll check it out.

      Delete

Thank you for viewing my post. Feel free to leave a comment =)