Saturday, April 27, 2013

I'm Not Your Fucking Best Friend..

There comes a time in every person's life where they fall in love with their best friend or a person who doesn't realize how much you are in love with them. Ne-Yo's musical protege, RaVaughn sings it perfectly. When I first heard the song, I fell in love but the live performance of this song blew me away.
Collage made by me; pictures provided by RaVaughn/Twitter

In this song, RaVaughn sings about her love for her best friend, who constantly asks her to fix what's broken in his life. She sings, "I'm not your fucking best friend. I've been sitting on this bench too long while you're playing with these basic, fake chicks. & come complaining when it all goes wrong. If you open your eyes, & give your sense a good try, I'll be all you need and more than a fucking best friend." Those words alone tell you what she's sick of and what she wants to change between them.

I couldn't have been introduced to this song at a better time. My "best friend" doesn't realize I help him so much and put up with his rants about other girls for a reason. Thought I'd be the girl he'd ask to his prom, but nope. Steadily wishful thinking but hey, I liked him before I was friendzoned.

Anyway, RaVaughn is now one of my favorite artists. I wish I wouldve known about her before she was at the radio station in my city so I could have met her. Her album, Love Always, will be dropping soon. Until then, enjoy the links below :) 

Here's RaVaughn's live performace on Sirius Radio:
Here's RaVaughn's lyric video to Best Friend:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my post. Feel free to leave a comment =)