Friday, February 12, 2016

How I Passed the TEAS Test

Today I went in, took the test, and passed with flying colors. All my scores were great except Science. I just barely passed it but enough to get into the nursing program. So here begins my journey through practical nursing school.

But before I go, for those reading this because they don't know where to begin studying, I recommend a few things that I used or looked at.

Books:

1. McGraw-Hill Education 5 TEAS Practice Tests, 2nd Edition (or even the first edition because they're the SAME book) by Kathy Zahler. (I used this for a period of two weeks. The teas test resembled this book a lot!!)

2. Study Manual for the Test of Essential Academic Skills, Version 5: Reading, Mathematics, Science, English and Language Usage by Amanda Wolkowitz

3. Secrets of the TEAS® V Exam Study Guide: TEAS® Test Review for the Test of Essential Academic Skills by TEAS Exam Secrets Test Prep Team
PS. ALL of these books can be found on Amazon.com

Websites:

1. http://www.teaspracticetest.com/
(I found this one to be the most helpful of all the websites. Be sure to time yourself when doing the tests.)

Apps:

1. TEAS V Exam Prep 2015 for Iphone. (I used this for two weeks also. In the free version, it allowed you to take 10 question tests and it also allowed to set a countdown until test day. Moreover, it let you set a time for studying and gave you a quick question for every day you studied.)

I hope this helps. Let me know in the comments when your test date is!
Reisha 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my post. Feel free to leave a comment =)