Wednesday, January 01, 2014

What are you wishing for in 2014?

I'm trying to figure out where 2013 went.. It feels like it fell by with a blink of an eye. At least it seems that way because TODAY IS THE FIRST OF JANUARY 2014. Sheesh. Oh well. What better way to celebrate the new year than to document my hopes, dreams and goals for 2014 here on my blog? I can't think of any other way to celebrate!

So here's what I am wishing for in the new year;
  1. Happiness - Real happiness. Not the fake happy that you pretend to have when you're around your family to keep them from asking questions. I want to wake up each morning with a smile and possibly pass my smile onto others. I want others to experience happiness this year also.
  2. New opportunities - Not only for me but for my dad. He really needs a new job and I pray every day that a good job calls him. He deserves it. As for me, I'm pretty content. I just hope I can apply for acceptance into my major this Spring semester.
  3. Good grades - I'm aiming for straight A's STILL. My overall college GPA is 1 point from a 3.0... WOMP. 
  4. Fun - 2013 wasn't all I thought it would be because I'm boring. All the shit I do is boring. So for 2014, I want to enjoy life more. Travel, go clubbing, etc. Things teenagers do. Well I won't be a teenager come April so I need to start living my life like a young adult would instead of like a granny.
  5. My license and a car - Self explanatory. I'm so tired of depending on others.
  6. New friends - Number 4 won't happen without new friends because my current friends don't like doing much. I still want to live by my 2013 resolution of going out and doing things with my friends whenever they ask because we're living in a rare age where we still live close together and have no kids. However, new friends could be exciting and I plan to apply that same resolution to them. 
  7. Improvement - Improvement upon myself. I want to be more outgoing with people, more open to trusting people, more willingly to forgive people and more comfortable to speak out in huge groups. I think if I fixed my personality based on these things I could easily make more friends and open more doors of opportunity for myself. Also, I want to work more on being the type of young woman I want to be. Hopefully 2014 will pave the path for a new me. A new me that will create the future me.
  8. Volunteer - I want to spend some of my summer volunteering at a hospital while working at the zoo. My future career will be at the same hospital so it'll be good experience.
  9. No drama. No pain - Usually I do a pretty good job at this but my ex was a whole lot of unneeded drama this year. I'm working at it. I don't want to feel the kind of pain I felt this year again. I'm too young for tears in the night. Too young to be worried about a guy.
  10. Better spending habits - I'm good with saving money but I could be a lot better. I have horrible spending habits. Therefore, I want to try the 52 week money challenge (26 weeks for my pay period) that I saw on Twitter to try saving money better. The only difference I plan to do with this challenge is to double the amount of money I deposit in my savings. For now, I'm a single, black female, addicted to retail. Pray for me.
  11. A guy worth my time and effort - This is important. I want someone on the same level as I. Someone to keep my mind off the stress. Someone who doesn't want to change anything about me because he loves me exactly as I am.Someone who respects the fact that I am a virgin and doesn't try to peer pressure me into anything I'm not ready for. Someone who respects women and loves to have fun. Staying in the house is cool but sometimes I want to go out and club.I want someone who isnt afraid to show me off to the world. He'd be damn proud to call me his. Most importantly, I want him to be my best friend before he's my man. That's very important to me in a relationship. I'm far from being ready for a relationship but I would like some company along this bumpy road.
  12. Take more pictures - I was looking at my post for New Year's Eve and realized my digital camera should have had most of those pictures. I need to start using it more often. I know a lot better than to not do so because I want to savor each memory I have created. I must do better in the new year.
  13. To feel more comfortable - I want to feel more comfortable with my body, my personality, being at home and driving. First, I feel like I don't need to change my body to fit in but instead do it because I would like to see the results on myself. I think I'd just like for my stomach to be flat. I really want to wear crop tops and not look awkward. Next, I want to feel more comfortable with my personality by being more outgoing and outspoken.I want to break out of this shy shell and move forward in life. Moreover, I want to feel more comfortable at home by not feeling like hearing fights and shootings is normal. I'm ready to move to a different neighborhood with new neighbors. Finally, I want to feel more comfortable driving. From what I remember I was a bit nervous each time I got into the car. Overall, I want to be comfortable with myself so I can erase my insecurities.
  14. Keeping up with my blog - I adore writing but I slack on my posts and I hate it. Its something I need to and plan to work on. I have decided to start writing down each idea I may come across at the moment I think of it by carrying around a little notebook (or sticky note pad) and a pen. I will do better!
These are my 14 wishes for the year of 2014. I'm glad I wrote them here because I can constantly go back and read them. This way I can see what I did and did not accomplish in 2014. Happy New Year to you! What are your wishes for 2014?