Monday, April 08, 2013

1. Who are you?

I was inspired to start this challenge by xjustanotherteenblogger. She was inspired by her. After reading both of these blog posts, I decided I would answer a few of these questions and see how they differ six months from now. I'm not dedicated to blogging enough to answer 101 personal life questions about myself. I'm simply going to choose those I feel I need to think about. Writing is my release, so this should be easy for me. The question I'm starting with is, "who are you?"

Who are YOU?

This question has always baffled me. My entire life I have questioned, "who am I?" I'm not sure yet. I know I'm a daughter and a student. But what else? Do I need to say more? Or does this, alone, explain the kind of person I may be? I haven't really found out who I am. I thought by going off to college, I'd eventually find myself, but that failed. The journey isn't over but I'm not sure "college" will push me to find myself.

Anyway, who are you?

  • I am someone who prays for my family, friends, and strangers more than I pray for myself.
  • I am someone who wants to be happy.
  • I am someone who daydreams about how I wish my life would be.
  • I am someone who everyone seems to come to about their problems.
  • I am a first year college student who isn't sure if college is really for me.
  • I am a lover, not a fighter, but I'll fight for what I love.
  • I am someone who begins something and HAS TO finish it or I will feel like a failure. College is the main "something" I'm determined to finish. 
  • I am someone who has given up finding love in her generation. I barely believe in love.
Although, these may seem positive. I do have negatives about who I am.

  • I am someone who thinks she's fat. I can't bring myself to do a sit-up or crunch to save my life but I envy girls who have a flat stomach.
  • I am someone who is insecure. I wish I was as pretty as the girls I see.
  • I am someone who is incredibly shy. I wish I could change it but it is what it is... for now.
This question is hard. I'm not really sure how to answer it, but I tried my best.