Friday, November 27, 2015

Return of the MACK!

Or diva. Whatever works. I like the title.

I had to take time to realize what I want in life. College has had me stressed out for some time now & to be honest, I don't think medical assisting is exactly what I should be doing. I should be doing more. Anatomy has had me on edge and my classes was extremely hard this semester on-top of dealing with my depression which is still out of wack, I kinda lost it.

How did I lose it, you ask? I'm failing out of school and this has been my worst semester yet. I haven't been to classes in weeks and not because I am a bad student, no. Its depression and anxiety. After talking with my grandmother, I decided that I need a break from school or a change in major. I'm 21 years old and I have no clue with what I want to do with my life. That leads me to my newest discovery.

Yesterday, I discovered that I want to be a nurse. Becoming a nurse allows me to interact with people, wear comfy scrubs and make a decent amount of money. All of the things thats important to me. If nursing doesn't work out, I may try becoming a private detective. But I'm positive nursing may be for me. However, there's pros and cons to my decision.

If I want to pursue nursing, I want to change schools and go to a school closer to home. This school will allow me to get my Associate's in Science which could be used for registered nursing. The pros are its closer to home, accredited, smaller classes, accepts my credits and not many more classes. It'll take me two years in the program or less since I have some of the credits already. I havent visited the school so I don't really know what to expect yet. The cons are its waaaaay more expensive than my current school because it is a private college. I don't know if I'll be able to afford it on my own. My current school has the program but has a long wait list to get into the program itself. If I take prereqs at my current school and in Fall of 2016 transfer to my new school, I should have all of anatomy done and have had my break from school during the summer. I just need to find a new job as soon as possible.

So there ya have it... I'm considering becoming a nurse.
Reisha 

2 comments:

  1. Nursing is so interesting! I have to admit that I've become a lot more interested in it after working at a retirement home :) Do it! What do you have to lose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll never get bored with it. Unfortunately, my school doesn't believe that I'll be a good nurse. They won't allow me to change my major :(

      Delete

Thank you for viewing my post. Feel free to leave a comment =)