Tuesday, June 04, 2013

ABCs of Thankfulness!

In the night of boredness, I was inspired and motivated to type this after reading xjustanotherteenblogger's post. As you can tell, she inspires me often!

A / Art - Artists put their heart into their paintings, just as writers do with their stories. I've always been a fan of art. Specifically paintings on the buildings of businesses downtown. Nope they're not graffiti. They are real paintings of people doing various things like singing, dancing, smiling, and doing cartwheels.

B / Basketball - I'm a bad sport when it comes to basketball -.- Don't get me started. I love me some Chicago Bulls and I'm still rooting for Derrick Rose's return. Argue with me if you'd like!

C / Cookies - I'm not a big "sweets" fan but every time I go to the mall, I have to get a frosted cookie from Great American Cookies. Yum.

D / Dads - Like JustAnotherTeenBlogger said about her dad, "I really don’t know where I would be or what I would be doing without him." My dad is my best friend, my hero and one of my biggest supporters. I'm blessed in this day in age to have a father who didn't leave after I was born. I'm grateful for him and his love.

E / Electricity - How many of us could really live without it? I need my A/C or heat when I need it. Besides I know what its like to not have it. It hurts.

F / Fruit snacks - I'm obsessed with them! Call me the fruit snack monster. Rawr!

G / Grandparents - I'm so thankful for them. They are so amazing and filled with stories and jokes!

H / Heroes - I mean heroes in real life. I've met two while in high school; Mrs. Johnson and Mrs. Peters. The best English teachers a girl could have wished for. They taught me so much in the time that I had their classes.

I / Inspiration - If we weren't inspired, how would we grow?

J / Jesus - I love you.

K / Kisses - They make you feel so warm inside and loved. I love showing love.

L / Lip gloss - It has become my recent obsession. Especially Avon's lip glosses.

M / Music - Where words fail, music speaks. Its what feelings sound like. I couldn't imagine my life without it.

N / Naps - I'm a kid at heart. I used to hate naps as a kid but as an adult, I have one after work each day. Please don't disturb.

O / Olive Oil hair products - So glad I discovered their hair products. They are responsible for the smoothness of my hair. Woot!

P / Phone - My phone is literally my best friend. Its my connection to everyone I love and I get to take pictures on the go.

Q / Quotes - I know so many and I live by them. They motivate you, uplift you, push you to strive or even help you to move on from situations. I love quotes.

R / Reading - Years ago my ancestors were not allowed to be taught how to read nor write. This way they could be kept ignorant. I'm grateful for the opportunity to read because it is something that my ancestors wish they could have cherished. So I am cherishing it for them. I hate reading as a child. I didn't get interested until middle school. I'm glad I did.

S / Spaghetti - One of the first meals I've learned how to make at 19. It has always been my favorite food.

T / Twitter - The people I follow on Twitter are the people I wish I knew in real life. I love Twitter. I know its bad but its where I go to sort of vent. Besides, most of my tweets are song lyrics.

U / U - For reading this and possibly sharing it.

V / Visors - For days you want to wear a hat without actually wearing a hat ;) To cover your eyes from the sun while letting your hair get sunlight.

W / Writing - This site is like my online diary. Between music reviews, day-to-day experiences and personal letters I write, I'm influencing someone somewhere and I love it (if its positively). I hate that I lack ideas of what to write sometimes. But I believe my heart is in writing. That's why I put my heart into every story I write/type.

X / Xs - For showing me what I do wrong and right in relationships and what I should or should not settle for.

Y / Youth - I'm old enough to know better but young enough to not care.

Z / Zzz's - like JustAnotherTeenBlogger! Sleep is amazing. I'm not a morning person so I need every bit of my 6-8 hours of sleep or I'm a bitch.