Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Everyday People - K' LA Review

"All I want is real shit now a days. All I need is real shit now a days."

If you are unfamiliar with K' LA, this post will get your familiarized. She's a singer/rapper/lyricist, born in Gary, Indiana, who was drawn to ATL for music. I've been listening to K' LA since I heard her song, All Your Love, off her first mixtape, The Coldest Winter, on the radio. I fell in love with her after hearing her song, The One Before, off her second mixtape, Freedom. Anyway, K' LA's third mixtape was highly anticipated by many fans, including me.

The entire mixtape is just her and her raw talent. She starts us off with an intro of Gary, Indiana. It sounds like a bit of a news report. The first track we're introduced to is Real Shit. That song makes me feel like I'm riding in a nice car with my windows down, & thugging. Yes, thugging lol. She also samples a few old school songs.

Towards the end of this mixtape (that sounds like an album), K' LA delivers songs such as Til Death, Like You Mean It & Change. While listening to Til Death, you will feel like you're listening to a Lauryn Hill song. Til Death makes me think of the love my great grandparents had for each other. Two people who are deeply in love and about to make their vow to each other in front of their friends, family and the world. Listening to this, I begin to WISH one day I can come into contact with a love like this. & I adore the fact, K' LA wrote this about her parents.

"Cause only God knows the truth, you were made for me and I was made for you. You'll forever hold my heart, until death do us part... until death do us part.."

My favorite songs from this mixtape are Got Young Niggaz, Ambition, Everyday People, Until You Love Them, Til Death, Prove You Wrong, All Wrong, Just A Girl, and Above Water. I promise if you listen to her music, you will not regret it.

"You don't truly see a person until you love them."

Lesson of the day ;)